- Having a good or a bad feeling about something! Although on occasion the gambler may have to go with a visceral reaction to an event, it’s far from the safest way to be. Over the course of a gambler’s career emotions can end up being a very expensive indulge. If you don’t know who to bet on then it’s probably best not to bet on this match or race and to watch for something about which you have a more comprehensive understanding. Over time that will end up saving you more money than it costs you.
- Betting too much. This may sound obvious, but it’s a huge problem and one of the most common mistakes. People think that one big win will make up for a bad night of losses. This can indeed happen, but it happens so rarely that you should never rely on it as a gambling strategy. Because strategy it is not, but is rather pure luck. The goal of gambling (aside from the money of course) is to eliminate chance and luck as far as possible. If you start making bets based on hope in order to recover some losses from earlier, then you’ve probably had enough. It’s best to cut your losses at this point and come back after a little break from betting. You’ll probably come back with fresh enthusiasm and some new ideas.
- Being indecisive. You might read one blog and make up your mind to bet on one team, then talk to a friend and decide for another team and after picking up that Sunday paper then decide it’s really that other team who will win. Be consistent when you’re betting. Discuss with experts or friends and always keen your eyes and ears open for new information that might just give you a leg up, but once you’ve taken your decision stick with it. Your decisions should be sound enough that you don’t second-guess them once you’ve placed your bet.
- Believing in luck. Honestly, the hat you wear has zero influence on how your team plays and neither does standing up to watch the match-determining shot. And none of this matters to the players as they have no idea what you are or aren’t doing in these moments. In short, NOTHING at all has any effect on the performance of the team you’re tipping to win (or lose) other than how the players perform. Base your bets on numbers and records and even on external factors like whether the team is playing home or away, but under no circumstances should you ever think that you’re little rituals have any effect on that match that’s on the opposite side of the planet. Enjoy the fun of those superstitions, but know that you’re just not that crucial to the universe.
- Listening to the pundits. Some people’s entire careers are dedicated to handicapping games, to say nothing of the hundreds of algorithms and computer programmes that have been created and designed with the simple (but not easy) goal of determining who will win a match. While these programmes are admirable and the professional handicapper keeps his or her job because of skill, when it comes down to it there is nothing certain about gambling, so remember to trust your own judgement if you think it’s sound and don’t be afraid to go against the flow.
The New Mexico State Aggies head to square off against the New Mexico Lobos at University Stadium this week. The game kicks off Saturday, Oct 3 at 8:00 p.m. ET and will be shown on ROOT.
In last week’s matchup, New Mexico defeated Wyoming 38-28. Carlos Wiggins had a solid performance in the victory, pulling in one reception for 64 yards and one TD. Richard McQuarley put up 55 rushing yards and two TDs on five carries. New Mexico State is hoping for a different outcome after getting nipped by UTEP 50-47. Teldrick Morgan had a great game for the Aggies, grabbing four receptions for 151 yards and one TD. Larry Rose III had a great game as well, adding 196 rushing yards and a TD on 20 carries.
The Aggies are a 14-point underdog against the Lobos and the Over/Under (O/U) for the matchup is unavailable currently.
Sitting at 2-2 Straight Up (SU) and 3-1 Against The Spread (ATS), the Lobos will look to improve heading into Week 5. A focal point of New Mexico’s offense is the running game, which ranks 14th in the country with 267.5 rushing yards per game. As for the New Mexico defense, a few key matchups could decide this game. New Mexico’s front seven will be excited to play the Aggies and their struggling run game. New Mexico State averages 140.7 yards per game on the ground, ranking 101st in the nation. The Aggies will need to stop New Mexico’s defense from getting to their quarterbacks in order to be successful in this game. The Lobos rank 16th in the nation in sacks with three per game. In the first quarter, New Mexico is tough to stop, putting up 12.2 points in the first 15 minutes. Keeping the ball 24:19 minutes per game, New Mexico State ranks 124th in average time of possession. They probably won’t be controlling the clock against the Lobos.
In the other locker room, the Aggies have shown flaws all year and are 0-3 SU and ATS. Passing the ball has resulted in very positive outcomes for the Aggies, who average the 17th-best yards per pass in the nation with 14.5.
Predictions: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – New Mexico
New Mexico State is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games.
New Mexico State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Mexico State’s last 5 games.
The total has gone OVER in 13 of New Mexico State’s last 14 games on the road.
New Mexico State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road.
New Mexico State is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road.
New Mexico State is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing New Mexico.
New Mexico State is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing New Mexico.
The total has gone OVER in 7 of New Mexico State’s last 10 games when playing New Mexico.
New Mexico State is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against New Mexico.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Mexico State’s last 5 games when playing on the road against New Mexico.
New Mexico State is 0-1 SU when leading at the start of the 4th quarter this season. New Mexico is 2-0 SU when carrying a lead into the fourth quarter.
According to overall FBS team rankings, New Mexico is rated higher in the ground game on both sides of the ball. Its 14th-ranked rushing attack will face the 117th-ranked run defense of New Mexico State, while its 33rd-ranked run defense will look to contain the 101st-ranked rushing game of the Aggies.
The NHL (National Hockey League) is a non-benefit affiliation that works a noteworthy expert ice hockey group in North America. There are as of now 30 teams that are a piece of the NHL. The headquarter of the NHL group is situated in New York City. This group is thought to be a standout amongst the most imperative expert ice hockey classes far and wide.
The NHL wagering is thought to be fundamentally the same to baseball wagering and different games wagering. This is the motivation behind why on the off chance that you are acquainted with wagering on different games, you can undoubtedly comprehend the wagers that you can make on NHL matches.
Hockey bettors will discover lower wagering cutoff points on NHL amusements than they will in the NBA, which is, for the most part, an affirmation by the sportsbooks that they are less open to tolerating wagers on the hockey than they are on the other games.
Prior to a man can begin to wager the NHL, it’s vital they have a strong comprehension of the cash line.
The cash line is the most widely recognized system for wagering the NHL, albeit there is additionally a puck line, which we will talk about somewhat later, and also adds up to.
About every sportsbook utilizes a 20-cents line on the NHL.
The twenty cents alludes to the distinction in the chances on the most loved and the chances on the underdog. Be that as it may, as with different games, for example, baseball, the chances on a to a great degree substantial most loved will frequently be more prominent than the 20 cents.
While wagering on the victor of the amusement, as demonstrated above, is the most prevalent strategy for wagering the NHL, there is likewise the puck line, which baseball bettors will perceive as being truly like the run line.
At the point when wagering the puck line, bettors may either bet 1.5 goals with the better standing team or bring same goals with the less favorite team.
Bettors likewise have the choice of wagering on the aggregate number of objectives scored in an amusement. Top sportsbooks will post a number, by and large somewhere around 5 and 6.5 and bettors can wager the quantity of objectives scored in the diversion will be more noteworthy than the given number or less than the posted number.
The Grand Salami is for all intents and purposes an organization for hockey bettors. How the Grand Salami functions are the bookies will let bettors wager under or over the aggregate number of objectives scored in the greater part of the diversions played on a specific day. In the event that there are 10 recreations on a given day, the Grand Salami aggregate will by and large be around 53 to 60, contingent upon the specific diversions. Generally as with customary aggregates, there will be times when bettors are gambled to give higher chances on wagering the over or the under.